While at MIT, I was fortunate to work as a Graduate Teaching Assistant for courses 8.01 (Classical Mechanics) and 8.02 (Electromagnetism). This page contains the materials I created for these purposes
8.01 - Classical Mechanics
- Review sessions
- Handout explaining the no-slip condition for a rolling object
- A formula sheet summarizing many of the equations of classical mechanics
- A very long handout explaining how to deal with mechanics problems involving continuous mass transfer
- A presentation on simple harmonic motion
- Practice problems
8.02 - Electromagnetism
- Notes from a review session covering self-inductance, Maxwell's Equations, Electromagnetic waves (including the Poynting vector), diffraction and interference. I also went through some practice questions with solutions.
- A guide to surface/flux integrals for perplexed 8.02 physicists.